Windows 10 Build 19044.1499 Brings New Features and Several Fixes to the RP Channel
Microsoft has released a new version of Windows 10 for insiders in the Release Preview channel. Build 19044.1499 brings two new features and several fixes with itself.
Coming to the details now, the release brings a new feature that provides direct access to select your Microsoft Edge profiles in News & Interests. You can also access Microsoft Edge directly from News & Interests in the same corresponding profile. It also brings a new feature called “Sync your settings” for users migrating to Windows 11. You will use “Sync your settings” to automatically back up a list of your apps to your Microsoft account for restoring to Windows 11.
Check out the full changelog below.
This update includes the following improvements:
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft UI Automation that could prevent Microsoft Outlook from working.
- We have updated DST to start in February 2022 instead of March 2022 in Jordan.
- We fixed an issue that prevented the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2) localhost relay from starting when you enable fast startup.
- We added parameters that change to wmic.exe in telemetry to capture additional usage data to troubleshoot app compatibility issues.
- We fixed an issue in CLSID_InternetExplorer.
- We added a reminder to Internet Explorer 11 that notifies users of its upcoming retirement.
- We fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent Japanese Microsoft Office applications from working when using the new Japanese Input Method Editor (IME).
- We fixed an issue that caused apps to stop working when typing using the Chinese IME.
- We fixed an issue that could prevent Windows from working when using the Pen Haptics API.
- We have updated the phone number for windows activation for locale that has the wrong phone number.
- We fixed an issue that caused a device to incorrectly report as non-compliant with Conditional Access due to antivirus or firewall configuration.
- We fixed an issue that stopped printing or printed the wrong output when printing via USB on Windows 10, version 2004 or later.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Remote Desktop screen in some cases when using Advanced Video Coding (AVC) software encoding.
- We fixed an issue that prevented some surround sounds from playing in Microsoft Edge.
- We have corrected a deadlock in vpnike.dll and rasmans.dll.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Fast Identity Online 2.0 (FIDO2) credential provider and prevented the PIN entry box from displaying.
- We fixed an issue that caused Windows to stop working and generate the “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” error.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the Get-TPM PowerShell command fails when trying to report Trusted Platform Module (TPM) information. The command fails with error “0x80090011 Microsoft.Tpm.Commands.TpmWmiException,Microsoft.Tpm.Commands.GetTpmCommand”.
- We fixed an issue that caused the AltGr key to not work if a remote desktop client was running or RemoteApp was disconnected.
- We’ve added a new feature that provides direct access to select your Microsoft Edge profiles in News & Interests. You can also access Microsoft Edge directly from News & Interests in the same corresponding profile.
- We’ve added a new feature called Sync your settings for users migrating to Windows 11, out of the box. You’ll use Sync Your Settings to automatically back up a list of your apps to your Microsoft account. Then you can quickly restore those apps to a Windows 11 factory-released device. This new feature will be rolling out over the next few weeks.
- We fixed an issue that prevented working Bluetooth devices from working when trying to connect to a non-working Bluetooth device.
- We fixed an issue that was causing lsass.exe to stop working and the device restarts. This problem occurs when you query the Windows NT Directory Services (NTDS) counters after stopping the NTDS service.
- We fixed an issue that failed to apply the “Do not allow compression on all NTFS volumes” Group Policy Object (GPO) in some cases.
- We fixed an issue that prevented Robocopy from retrying the file copy process.
- We fixed an issue that could occur when activating Detailed Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) audit logging and an invalid parameter is saved. Therefore, event 207 is logged, indicating that an audit log write failure has occurred.
- Fixes a memory leak that occurs when calling WinVerifyTrust(). This issue occurs if verification fails for the first signature of a file that has multiple signatures.