Unable to install RSAT in Windows 11? Apply these fixes
- RSAT is an important component for IT administrators, but many were unable to install it in Windows 11 due to an error.
- It is only available on Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 11.
- If you were unable to install RSAT, use the PowerShell command, edit the registry, or try the other methods.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
RSAT or Remote Server Administration Tools is a component that allows administrators to remotely manage other computers running the same operating system. But, if things go wrong, you might not be able to install RSAT in Windows 11.
There are a bunch of errors you encounter here, for example, the RSAT installer encountered error 0x8024001d. No matter the cause, there are plenty of methods that prove effective in all situations.
So if you still cannot install RSAT in Windows 11, run the fixes listed in the next section.
What can I do if I can’t install RSAT in Windows 11?
Remember that RSAT is only available for the Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 11. If you are using the Home edition, upgrade first, then install.
1. Use the PowerShell command
- Hurry the Windows + S to launch the Research menu, enter Terminal in the text field, right click on the relevant search result and select Execute as administrator.
- Click on Yes on the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that appears.
- Now paste the following command in PowerShell and knock Walk in to install RSAT:
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-Windows Capability -Online
This is probably the fastest way to install RSAT but is not known to many. Also, the chances of encountering an error while installing RSAT in Windows 11 using PowerShell are minimal. So, be sure to try this method, and if it doesn’t work, move on to the next one.
2. Edit Registry
- Hurry the Windows + S to launch the Research menu, enter Services in the text field at the top, then click the relevant search result.
- Locate it Windows Update service, right click on it and select Stop from the context menu.
- Now press the Windows + R to launch the Course command dialog, type/paste regedit in the text field, then click OKAY or hit Walk in to launch the Registry Editor.
- Click on Yes on the UAC prompt that appears.
- Paste the following path into the address bar at the top and press Walk in:
- Double click on the Using WUServer key.
- Then enter 0 below Value data and click on OKAY to save changes.
- Once done, go again to the Services application, right click on Windows Updateand select To start up from the context menu.
Restart the computer for the changes to take effect and check if you can install RSAT in Windows 11.
3. Make changes to Group Policy
- Hurry the Windows + R to launch the Course command, type gpedit in the text field, then click OKAY or hit Walk in to launch the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Now double click on Administrative Templates below Setting up a computer then on System from the options below.
- Double click on the Specify settings for installing and repairing optional components right-wing politics.
- Then select Enabled at the top, check the box to Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)then click OKAY at the bottom to save changes.
- Once done, restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
The three methods listed here should have helped you to install RSAT in Windows 11 and prevent or work around any errors.
Also, if RSAT crashes frequently, learn how to fix it as this indicates compatibility issues and can lead to issues. Also, learn all the ways to get RSAT in Windows 11.
Let us know which fix worked for you in the comments section below.
Start a conversation