RocketCake 4.2 – Neowin
RocketCake is a free web editor for building responsive websites. For beginners and professional web developers. No programming required. No need to learn HTML or CSS. Click, drag and drop or type. But of course, you are still free to mix in your own code, if you wish. Edit the website as it appears on your device. Switch at any time to view and edit it just like on any other tablet, PC or mobile. Rocket Cake supports all the important HTML elements: image galleries, slideshows, resizable containers, stylish buttons, gradients, HTML 5 video, audio, and more.
Clean up generated code
- The editor spits out clean HTML / CSS code. You can also use it as a base for your more complex websites or as a template for your server scripts.
- Specify your own breakpoints to adjust the website the way you want. The flexible breakpoint editor makes it extremely easy.
RocketCake 4.2 changelog:
- When using Windows, RocketCake now supports HighDPI displays. You get much sharper made controls and the high resolution HTML editor. On macOS, RocketCake has been supporting Retina displays for quite some time now.
Quick view of image size
- When you hover over an image, the tooltip now displays useful information about it: its name, dimension, and the current size at which it is displayed. This makes it very easy to optimize the size of your images for different types of screens.
HTML language support
- You can now set the language for a page using the new “Language” setting for each page.
- This results in writing the top html tag, like for example
- if you specify “en” as the language. This only works in RocketCake Professional Edition.
License key management for organizations
- If you want to use RocketCake on a PC with the same license key used by many users, this is now also possible:
- Just start RocketCake once as an administrator and save your key using the Help -> Save menu.
- Then the key is stored per machine (as before only per user) and RocketCake can be used by any user using that machine.
- Embedded PDF documents now scale to the first page of the PDF document at the height of the device.
- Additionally, the manual documentation now shows how you can easily scroll through your PDF document on iOS devices, although Safari on iOS does not support this feature.
- Websites opened in RocketCake are now automatically highlighted in the properties window, making it easier to edit their property values.
- The master page list now also works well with subfolders: if you have a large website with many pages in subfolders and a few master pages, the only master page selection now also shows which folders are in there is a page, which makes it much easier to choose the right master page.
- The macOS app is now notarized, and you no longer receive the scary “this app is from an unidentified developer” messages from macOS when you start RocketCake for the first time.
- The RocketCake installer now installs shortcuts for all users on the system by default, as many people have requested it.
Download: RocketCake 4.2 | 64-bit RocketCake | ~ 10.0 MB (free, paid upgrade available)
Download: 32-bit Portable RocketCake | 64-bit portable RocketCake
Download: RocketCake 4.2 for macOS | 12.9 MB
See: RocketCake Home Page
Get notified of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article