PowerToys v0.49 released with new Find My Mouse utility
Microsoft today announced the release of version 0.49 which includes a new utility – Find my mouse and also a new modernized user interface for PowerRename. It also merges Video Conference Mute into stable releases and offers the usual bug fixes and improvements.
PowerRename’s new user interface brings an updated experience that reflects the modern user interface theme of Windows 11, along with helpful regular expression tips and file formatting tips.
With the new mouse utility, PowerToys introduces a feature to quickly find your mouse position by double tapping the left ctrl key. This is ideal for large, high-resolution screens and visually impaired users, with additional features and enhancements planned for future versions. To learn more, check out our mouse utilities documentation on Microsoft Docs!
In addition, the HEX format of Color Picker will no longer have the
# character. This fixes the issues with different color entries that only accept six characters by cutting off the last value.
Additional work in this release includes stability updates and optimizations, installer updates, general bug fixes, and accessibility improvements.
- Find My Mouse utility added! Use the feature to quickly locate the cursor on your screens! Learn more about our mouse utility documents.
- Accessibility and minor improvements to the user interface of the settings page.
- Added deep links to Settings menus for various utilities in their respective editors.
- Parameter improvements to improve the clarity of various options.
- Improved settings window to adjust size and position as needed when multi-screen conditions change.
- Screen reader improvements for accessibility.
- Color Picker’s HEX format has been changed to remove the
- Accessibility improvements for screen reader and user interface to distinguish border colors when matching.
- Fixed Color Picker and OOBE windows being captured by FancyZones.
- Fixed regression with unmodified layouts via shortcuts.
- Fixed a crash issue with the FancyZones editor.
- Fixed area layouts reset after screen lock.
- Accessibility improvements for the screen reader in the editor.
- Fixed a crash issue when the editor is opened at high zoom on 4k monitors.
- New user interface update! We hope you enjoy the modern experience and take advantage of new tooltips for describing common regular expressions and text / file formatting.
- Windows terminal plugin added. Open the shells via the Windows terminal via
_default activation command.
- Added environment variables to folder plugin search.
- Fixed some schemas being overwritten by HTTPS.
- Fixed an issue with the program plug-in stuck in infinite loops as some file paths are searched recursively.
Video conferencing mute
- VCM added to stable versions of PowerToys!
You can download the latest version from Microsoft here.