New replacement windows in Ontario: how to choose the right company for your project?
Installing new windows has proven to be one of the best home improvement projects to consider when renovating your property. Window replacement offers a high return on investment, improves energy efficiency, comfort and adds significantly to aesthetics.
Statistics show that windows are 25-30% heat loss, so homeowners who install high-quality units can expect a significant reduction in their annual energy bills. But the critical point here is finding a contractor who not only sells you the best windows, but also installs them correctly.
Why Buy From Professional Window Installers?
While embarking on a DIY project may seem like fun, in fact, surveys show that 40% of homeowners regret their decision to start home improvement projects without consulting experts.
This is even more true for window replacement, as it is known to be on the list of toughest home improvement projects. Hire a reliable window company to do the job:
- Time saving. Professional installers need about 2 hours to replace your old windows and ensure proper sealing, caulking and cleaning.
- Guarantees correct installation. This guarantees maximum energy efficiency, durability and correct operation.
- Allows discounts and subsidies. The Canadian government has many financial programs for homeowners who want to save on window replacement. But all of this is only accessible if you work with a licensed window contractor, like Ecoline Windows, to help you with your home inspection, consultation, and proper installation of energy-efficient windows.
How to do Sure Is your window company reliable?
With the popularity of window replacement in Canada, there are many window companies to work with, from small local brands to big names.
So here’s a quick checklist to make sure you’re dealing with a trusted contractor for your window project:
- Energy Star and NAFS-11. Your business should be listed as an Energy Star brand and only sell windows that have undergone proper testing and are accredited to meet national specifications for energy efficiency.
- Local showcases and offices. It’s best to always meet your contractor in person at their office or showroom, where you can view window samples, compare different window styles, glass types, and custom features to decide what’s best for your business. project before installation.
- Impeccable reviews online. Before contacting your contractor, do your homework and check their Google, HomeStars, and BBB reviews to see what other homeowners have to say. As a general rule, a good window company should not have a rating lower than 4.3 out of 5.
- Local building codes and CSA guidelines. Ask if they know your local building code, especially if you want to replace egress windows. A previous successful installation is a must here.
- Guarantee. You should look for a window company that offers a 25 year warranty on all window parts and labor.
What to look for in a windows installer – Ecoline Windows