Microsoft Flight Simulator Airbus A330 Gets New Screenshots; Brussels South Charleroi Airport and Beijing announced; Yanji freed
Third-party developers have had new revelations about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons to share in addition to a new release.
We start with Aerosoft, which has released many new screenshots of the external model and cockpit of its upcoming Airbus A330.
It’s worth repeating a caveat about project manager Mathijs Kok’s cockpit:
“These images show you the basic modeling of the VC. So all 3D is done. the base layers of the textures are done. It still needs a bit of detailing using decals (all sub centimeter scale) and it still needs all the weathering. It is therefore as if it had just been delivered from Toulouse. No pilot has yet eaten Big Macs there and put ketchup on all the switches.
Next comes an announcement from Terrainy Studios, which is developing Brussels South Charleroi Airport (EBCI).
As the second busiest airport in Belgium and a major hub for Ryanair, it’s another great addition for the SIM card. You can check out two images below.
It will be released after the previously announced Zakynthos.
We also get a rather obvious match from SamScene3D. Although the developer hasn’t officially named its next city package, it’s very recognizably Beijing, the capital of China.
We stay in China with a release of Catch Star Simulation, Yanji Chaoyangchuan International Airport (ZYYJ).
It is available on SimMarket for $9.97 plus applicable VAT.
Below you can check out a trailer.
Finally, Fenix’s excellent Airbus A320 has received a new update further improving the package, while we also get more information about the upcoming development roadmap on the developer’s Discord server.
Detailed patch notes are available on the Aircraft Launcher app.
– More performance improvements (up to 25% with an average of 16% across our testers’ CPU on Quality/Balanced showing the biggest improvement)
– Installer fixes/improvements
– Lots of crash fixes (startup etc.)
– Better panel state behavior (the door spawn will be really cold and dark now)
– Added F/CTL keyboard support, we continue to work on hardware bindings etc.
– Added cockpit texture quality option to reduce VRAM usage (low VRAM maps will see FPS improvements from this)
– General stability and EFB loading improvements, pushback fixes among others
As we begin to address usability issues, we focus on improving products; extending hardware support, saving states, auto-stealing – basically everything we think could be better. Just so everyone is aware of our current roadmap, the current order of priority looks like this:
– Deployment, Stability & Performance. Get as many customers using the Fenix A320 without major errors, crashes or performance issues.
– Clean and tidy. All the little things that came up over time that weren’t a high priority, but should be addressed.
– Improve and develop. To start improving what we have, treating the release as a “base” to add more features, improve existing ones, and generally keep the aircraft state of the art. This will include external engine modeling, autoflight improvements, display improvements and more.
– Develop. Once we have a CFM A320 that lives up to our expectations, we will add a few more things to it. A few sharp bits on the wing tips, and a few more powerful bits under the wing. From there who knows…
If you want to know more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Fenix Airbus A320, West Virginia Yeager International Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson, The Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Central Britain , Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Krakow Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport , Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, CRJ 550/700, PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Li nate Airport, Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, F-15 Eagle, Paris City Pack, G Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Airport from Reggio Calabria, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Aerodrome, Dublin International Airport and Seoul City Wow.
We also just posted a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is an excellent controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to know more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about the game from Asobo Studio.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam, and Xbox Series X|S.