How to remove Chrome OS Flex and reinstall Windows (2022)
We recently wrote a tutorial on how to install Chrome OS Flex on a Windows PC, and the majority of users loved the lightweight Chrome OS profile. However, some users have started encountering issues such as Wi-Fi incompatibility, trackpad issues, Bluetooth disconnection, audio issues, etc. on Chrome OS Flex. Not to mention that some Windows apps were missing on Chrome OS Flex, although you can run lightweight Windows apps on Chrome OS. Still, if you’re not impressed with Chrome OS Flex, here’s a simple guide on how to remove Chrome OS Flex and reinstall Windows 10 or 11. So on that note, let’s go ahead and learn how to uninstall Chrome OS Flex .
Remove Chrome OS Flex and reinstall Windows (2022)
1. First, you must create a bootable USB drive for Windows 10 or 11. You can follow our detailed guides on how to create bootable Windows 10 or how to create Windows 11 bootable USB. For this step, you will need a separate Windows PC.
2. After that, plug the bootable USB into the Chrome OS Flex machine and shut down the computer. Then turn on the computer and start pressing the start key immediately. You can find the boot key for your laptop or motherboard in the table below. This will bring up the boot device selection page.
3. Here, choose the usb key in which you flashed Windows 10 or 11. Then press Enter.
4. Now the Windows Installer setup will appear. For Windows 10 and 11, the steps are the same, so no worries about that. Here, click “Install now“.
5. After that, click “I don’t have a product key” on the next page.
6. Next, click “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)“.
7. If there are multiple partitions, select each partition and click “To delete“. Do this for all partitions. This step will remove Chrome OS Flex from your computer. Now, when there is only one partition left, select it and click “New”. It will create additional partitions needed to run Windows.
8. Finally, click on “Following” and Windows 10/11 will start installing on your PC.
9. After installation, your computer will restart and boot into the setup screen. Now you can sign in to your Microsoft account or follow our guide and create a local account on Windows 11.
10. Once the setup process is complete, you will be back to Windows. In my case, I removed Chrome OS Flex and reinstalled Windows 11. I’d suggest unlocking Windows 11 to at least have a usable experience on your low-end computer.
Uninstall Chrome OS Flex from your PC
This is how you can uninstall Chrome OS Flex from your PC and reinstall Windows 10 or 11, depending on your preferences. If you have a low-end PC, I would suggest installing Tiny10, which is a lite version of Windows 10. Anyway, that’s it for this guide. If you are still having trouble removing Chrome OS Flex from your laptop, let us know in the comments section below. We will try to help you.