How to Install Kodi on Windows PC 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about how to install Kodi on a Windows PC. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Install Kodi on a Windows PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Install Kodi on Windows PC
Kodi has become a popular media tool in recent years due to all the features it offers. At its highest level, Kodi is a versatile software media player that allows users to access and store content in one place. It’s basically a one-stop-shop for all media. The best part is that it’s completely free. How to download kodi for windows. As mentioned, Kodi is a versatile media center that allows users to access, store and download content. Being open source, Kodi is highly customizable and comes with a variety of built-in features. From hundreds of downloadable addons to different background screens and even different skins, users can basically tweak every aspect of Kodi to best suit their needs.
As open source software, Kodi is perfectly legal. However, there have been instances where people have used Kodi to download and stream copyrighted material or to stream shows. Of course, TechRadar does not condone such actions and therefore will not link to any illegal or potentially illegal add-ons. First, go to the Microsoft Store and search for the Kodi app. From there, double-click to download the installer. Once the installer has finished downloading, the setup wizard should appear automatically. Follow the steps to install Kodi for Windows.
Manual installation (using EXE file)
This first method of installing Kodi on Windows will require you to install the application manually, using its EXE (executable) file. Perform the following steps.
- First, download the Kodi installer file from its official website.
- Depending on your system capabilities, you can opt for the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Kodi. Most Windows PCs today run 64-bit applications, so feel free to use them.
- Once you’ve downloaded the EXE file, you should find it. Most users will find the file on their desktop. However, it can also be placed in the “Downloads” folder.
- Double click on the downloaded EXE file. An installation wizard should appear. You will need to follow several steps until Kodi is installed. Once the installation is complete, you will see an option to run Kodi. Check this option and complete the installation.
- That’s it! Feel free to launch Kodi (it should be available as a shortcut on your desktop), then add your media library, install plugins, or whatever. Enjoy!
Use the Microsoft app store
Windows 10 computers have access to the Microsoft App Store. And yes, this is yet another way to install Kodi on Windows as you can see just below.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Once the Microsoft Store is launched, use the “Search” field. Type ‘Kodi’ and press Enter. After a few seconds, Kodi
- appear in search results. There will be different options present so make sure to install the application created by ‘XBMC Foundation’.
- When you click on the Kodi icon, you will be taken to its preview. Since this app is free, all you have to do is click the “Get” button. Windows may ask you to confirm your decision or authenticate your Microsoft account credentials.
- Kodi will download and install in the background. Once done, feel free to launch Kodi from the Microsoft store or open the start menu and launch the app from there.
Install/use Kodi in ‘Portable’ mode
Finally, here’s how to install Kodi on Windows using “portable” mode. Please note that you need a USB drive for this method to work.
- First, you need to download the Kodi EXE (executable) file. Use the link provided, then click the “Install (64-bit)” button to download the file.
- Launch the EXE file and the “Installation Wizard” will appear. Instead of pressing the “Next” button, be careful this time. You will be asked where you want to install Kodi. Click “Browse” and navigate to your USB drive. Complete the installation and be sure to STOP before exiting the process.
- The last step of the installation wizard will allow you to “launch Kodi”. Make sure you don’t use this option as you MUST NOT be running Kodi at this time. Instead, leave this option blank and exit the installation.
- Now access your Kodi files. Since you chose to install it on a USB key, go to this directory. Inside you will find a file called ‘Kodi.exe’. Create a shortcut of this file. This can be done by right-clicking on this file and selecting “Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut)”.
- Find the newly created shortcut. Right-click on it and select “Properties”. This is where you will see a field called “Target”. You must add ‘-p’ after any other character found in this field. For example: ‘F:Kodikodi.exe -p’. Make sure you have made this correction and save the change.
- Finally, launch Kodi. Now every file and addon you install will be saved in the Kodi folder. This can include scripts, plugins, local content library, skins, and user data. You can find these files in the ‘portable_data’ folder. This also means that all these changes will be saved on your USB drive. You can use it on different computers without any problem.
Final Words: How to Install Kodi on a Windows PC
Hope you understand this article How to Install Kodi on a Windows PC, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.