How to download Google Chrome
Need to know how to download Google Chrome? This is not surprising, given that it is the most popular web browser on the planet, with around two-thirds of internet users turning to Chrome for all of their browsing needs.
And there are good reasons for this. Chrome is not only available on Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android for cross-platform use, but it’s also designed to be fast and light across all platforms.
Chrome is also extremely customizable, with a plethora of add-ons available to tailor the browsing experience to your personal taste. We even have a list of the best Google Chrome extensions for you.
Before you can get to that point, of course, you actually need to get your hands on the browser. Here’s where and how to download Google Chrome.
How to download Google Chrome: Browser download
1. It might seem counterintuitive, but you need a different web browser to download Google Chrome web browser.
Fortunately, regardless of the browser on your computer, start Safari (macOS), Edge (Windows 10), Firefox or any other browser and head to the Google Chrome download page.
2. There are two large blue boxes with “Download Chrome” written on them. Click on one or the other, but be sure to uncheck the crash reports box if you don’t want to contribute to browser bug fixing efforts.
3. Your download should start automatically, but if nothing seems to be happening, click the button “Download Chrome manually” text.
How to download Chrome: Where to find the installer
The location where you download the Chrome installer depends on your operating system. The easiest way to find it is to go to your browser’s download history and open the file from there, but if you don’t know how, here’s how to locate it on your computer.
1. By default, you can find your downloaded files on Windows 10 by opening Quick Access (press Windows key + E) and selecting “Downloads”. Otherwise, in the browser you used to download Chrome, press Ctrl + J to open the Downloads folder.
Double click on the Chrome installer .exe file and the browser will start installing.
2. MacOS downloads, on the other hand, will go to the Downloads folder in the Dock (the icon is a blue folder with a down arrow) or if you don’t have it there, in the Favorites side panel of a Finder window. Open the .dmg file, drag the Chrome icon to the Applications folder and the browser will be installed.