How to Change Your Username in Windows 11
- You can change your username in Windows 11 for all accounts you own.
- For local accounts, open Control Panel and change the account name in User Accounts.
- If you have a Microsoft account, open Settings and go to Accounts; find your account and use the Manage button to open the account web page.
Windows 11 (as well as older versions of Windows, like Windows 10) makes it easy to change the username associated with any accounts you use in Windows. You can do this whether you’re using a local account or signing in with a Microsoft account, though the steps vary.
How to Change Local Account Username in Windows 11
1. Start the Control Panel. To do this, click on the Begin button and then type “Control Panel”. Click on Control Panel when you see it in search results.
2. Click on User accounts.
3. Click on Change account type.
4. In the Choose the user you want to edit section, click on the account that has the username you want to change.
5. Click on Change account name.
6. Enter the new name, then click Change name.
How to Change Your Username for a Microsoft Account in Windows 11
1. Click it Begin button then click Settings.
2. In the left navigation pane, click Accounts.
3. Click on Email accounts.
4. In the Accounts used by other apps section, click your Microsoft account, and then click Manage.
5. Your Microsoft account page should open in a web browser. At the top of the page, click Your informations.
6. At the top, click Change name.
seven. Make changes to your name, then click to safeguard.