How to Add Wallpaper and Screensaver Clocks to Windows 11/10
Windows 10 and 11 have their own system tray clock, but it’s a bit small. Would you rather have a bigger clock to check the time on your PC?
If so, you can add bigger and better wallpaper and screensaver clocks to Windows 10 and 11 with third-party software packages. Here’s how you can add real-time wallpaper and screensaver clocks to Windows 10 and 11 with Dexclock and Fliqlo.
How to Add a Desktop Wallpaper Clock to Windows 10 and 11
Dexclock is a free software that integrates a wallpaper clock on the Windows desktop. It includes four alternative desktop clock wallpapers for you to choose from. You can add real-time work clocks to the desktop with Dexclock as follows.
- Open the Dexclock website.
- Click it To download link on this site.
- press the Download Dexclock 1.3 button.
- Click the File Explorer taskbar button to open the Windows 11 File Manager.
- Open the folder containing the downloaded Dexclock Setup Wizard.
- Double click dexclock_13_r39.exe to open the configuration window.
- Select a language in the Installer Language window, then click the Okay button.
- press the following button and select the I am okay option.
- Click on Browse to choose another destination folder for Dexclock.
- Then click following to install Dexclock.
- Double-click the Dexclock desktop shortcut to run the software. Dexclock will then automatically add one of its clock wallpapers to the desktop.
You can select different wallpapers and configure them through the Choose Wallpaper Clock window. To open this window, double-click the Dexclock system tray icon. Then you can select A Cheshire kitten, kiwi, letter eaterand Squares1 clock wallpaper options from there. All of these wallpapers include real time clocks and dates and look quite stylish.
You can change the clock position and format for all wallpapers. Click it Position drop-down menu to select stretch, Tile, Adjust, To filland Center options. Uncheck the default Use 24 hour format possibility to switch to a 12 hour clock. press the To apply to save any new settings selected in the Choose Wallpaper Clock window.
The desktop will not include the clock wallpaper when Dexclock is not running. If you want the clock wallpaper to always be on the desktop, you will need to add Dexclock to Windows startup. You can do this by right-clicking the Dexclock system tray icon and selecting Settings the. Then select the Start automatically with Windows option, and click the Okay button.
How to Add a Flip Clock Screensaver to Windows 10 and 11
You can add a flip clock screensaver to Windows 10/11 with Fliqlo. Fliqlo is a screensaver that displays a real-time flip clock with large numbers on a black background. Since it has large numbers, the screensaver clock is clearly visible from afar. Here is how you can add Fliqlo clock to Windows 11.
- Open the Fliqlo webpage in a browser.
- Click it To download button for Fliqlo version 1.5.1. Make sure you don’t download the Mac version.
- Open the folder containing the Fliqlo ZIP file in File Explorer.
- Double click on the Fliqlo ZIP to open the archive.
- Click on Extract All to open the file explorer decompression tool.
- press the Browse button. Choose a path for the extracted archive, then click the Select Folder button.
- Select the View extracted files when complete option if it is not already selected by default.
- Then click Extract to open the extracted archive.
- Right-click the Fliqo.scr screen saver file in the extracted folder to select Show more options.
- Select the To install context menu option.
When you have installed Fliqo, you will need to select it as your screensaver. You can do this through screen saver windows the same way as others. Here are the steps to select the Fliqo screen saver.
- press the Win + S keyboard shortcut, which will open the Type here to search box.
- Type the keyword screen saver in the text box of the search tool.
- Click Change Screen Saver in Finder.
- Then select Fliqo on the Screen saver drop-down menu displayed directly below.
- press the Overview to display the Fliqo screen saver.
- Enter an idle time for the screen saver to activate after Wait box.
- Click on To apply to save the new screen saver settings.
- To select Okay to get out of the window.
You can also configure additional options for the Fliqo screen saver. To do this, press the Settings in the Screen Saver Settings window. Then you can change the clock format by clicking on the Time format button on the window below. Drag the Climb bar slider left and right to adjust clock size. You can change the brightness by dragging the slider on the Brightness bar. hurry Okay to close Fliqo settings, and select To apply to save them.
Now leave your PC idle for the waiting time you set for the screensaver. Then the Fliqo flip clock screensaver will appear. It’s a good alternative to the somewhat boring screen savers that come with Windows these days.
If you don’t want to wait for the clock screen saver to come on, set up a desktop shortcut for it. To do this, open the extracted Fliqo folder in File Explorer. Right-click on the Fliqo.scr file and select Show more options. To select Send for and Desktop (create shortcut) in the context menu. Then you can double-click the Fliqo.scr shortcut on the desktop to activate and display the clock immediately.
You can even turn the Fliqo.scr desktop shortcut into a screensaver keyboard shortcut. Right-click the Fliqo desktop shortcut and select Properties. Click in the Shortcut key box shown directly below, and press the VS key. Select the To apply and Okay options to save the new keyboard shortcut. Press the new Ctrl+Alt+C key combination to activate the flip clock screen saver and check the time.
Add Better Clocks to Windows 10 and 11 with Dexclock and Fliqo
Dexclock and Fliqo clocks are bigger and better than Windows 10 and 11 taskbars. Dexclock adds both beautiful clocks and desktop wallpapers. Fliqo provides an elegant screensaver to check the time. These are particularly useful clocks for users who prefer to hide the taskbar in Windows 10 and 11.
For some strange reason, Windows 11 won’t show the system clock on all taskbars in a multi-monitor setup. Here is how to solve this problem.
About the Author