How to Add Grammar to Microsoft Word [Windows And Mac OS]
A grammar check would be useful in any word processing program. No matter how bad your real-world English skills are, downloading a writing editor can help you identify spelling and grammatical errors. As you type, it makes your work look professional, especially when quality content is paramount to your work.
Even though most word processors including Microsoft Word have their own spell checking function and all the basic features required for a writer to have full control over the quality of the content. Having something that does more than just spell checking or basic editing is a big part of the desired tool to use these days, where you also have grammar and clarity suggestions that could make writing easier for anyone the world.
The best-known free writing tool that can be more than spell checkers and helps you get rid of grammar and spelling errors in your work is called Grammarly. It includes desktop and mobile apps, a Grammarly add-in for Microsoft Office products, and extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
Know the grammar add-in in Word for Windows
Use the Grammar Add-in for Microsoft Word to check for correct writing errors or writing style in your Word documents.
There are two paths to install Grammarly for Word. One method to insert it into Word is to download and install the Grammarly for Microsoft Office plug-in. You can also check for issues in your Word document by dragging and dropping it into the Grammarly desktop app for PC or Mac after downloading and installing it.
How to install Grammarly on Word for Windows:
1) Open a browser and go to https://www.grammarly.com/office-addin.
You will land on a page like this:
2) Click the green “Get Add-on” button as shown below to get started with Grammarly for free.
3) Once we click on this button, an .exe file will be automatically downloaded. Click open and the .exe file will run.
4) The program installation box will appear when you click open, and now we can click “Start” and head to install Grammarly add-in on MS Word.
5) Choose the Microsoft Office application on which you want to install the Grammarly add-in. To start the installation of Grammarly Add-in for Microsoft Office, click on the Install button as shown below. You can also use the same procedures mentioned above with MS Outlook.
6) We now need to restart Microsoft Office Word after installation before running the Grammarly add-in.
How to activate grammar on Word after installation?
To activate the Grammarly Word add-in plug-in, open Microsoft Office Word, click the Home tab below, and then click the Open Grammarly button. It will automatically check your pages or words for mistakes and suggest correct language and spelling usage.
You may be asked to create or sign up for a free account before you can start using the Grammarly add-in on MS Word. You can also choose to log in with your Facebook or Google account.
Now we can easily play with the Grammarly add-in and get the desired content on Word with minimal spelling, grammar and plagiarism errors.
Now let’s see how to install the same Grammarly add-on for Mac OS users.
How to install Grammarly on Word for Mac OS:
The installation process for Mac OS is very different from the Windows part. To install Grammarly add-in for Word on Mac OS, we need to follow the steps below:
1) On a Mac, launch Microsoft Word and open a Word document.
Click Get Add-ins on the Insert tab. This will launch the Office Store, where you can find and download many add-ins for Office products.
2) In the store, search for Grammarly and click on Grammarly for Microsoft Word.
3) To add the Grammarly add-on to Word for Mac, click Get Now.
4) When you click on the Enable Grammar button, it will automatically check your input for errors and make fixes.
You can also go to https://www.grammarly.com/desktop/mac to download and install the Grammarly desktop program for Mac. After installing the software, use Microsoft Word and start typing. A floating Grammarly widget can be seen checking your writing errors.
Also Read: Microsoft Outlook Crashes Lately? Here’s how to fix it
How to install Grammarly For Word via Microsoft AppSource
You can also search for Grammarly on Microsoft AppSource. Click “Get Now” if the app shows up in the search results.
As mentioned above in the illustration, we can follow the steps:
1) Go to the AppSource page using your browser. https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/home
2) Search for the Grammarly module in the search bar.
3) You will be redirected to the download page, where you can click “Get It Now” and install Grammarly on your system.
4) Sign in your Microsoft account to successfully download and install Grammarly Add-on for Word on your system.
5) After successfully logged in, you can click “Get Now”. It will install and redirect to Microsoft 365 to complete the process.
6) Once the request has been processed, a page will appear on which we must click on “Open in Word”.
7) It will then ask permission to take us to MS Word.
8) After successfully installing the add-on, you can access it by selecting the add-on button in the Home tab.
This tutorial introduces Grammarly for Word and shows how to add the Grammarly plug-in to Microsoft Word to automatically check and correct your typing errors. Grammarly provides the power of a complete solution that will integrate with popular word processors like Microsoft Word and Google Docs to improve your writing, misspellings and style. Grammarly is the most popular writing, grammar and plagiarism checker for many authors around the world.
Originally published on Infostor.com(c).