Governor’s EMS and Injury Advisory Council (GETAC) – Stroke Committee Meeting Agenda
September 3, 2021 – 3:30 p.m.
There is no physical location for this meeting
Due to the health precautions linked to the COVID-19 pandemic,
this meeting will take place virtually using Microsoft Teams only.
To access the meeting online, register here.
Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2021
Call to order / Call by call
Reading of GETAC’s vision and mission statements
A unified, comprehensive and efficient tool Emergency health careSystem.
Promote, develop and advance a responsible and patient-centered trauma and emergency care system.
Review and approval of February meeting minutes
Comments from the president of GETAC
Updating EMS / Trauma systems
Texas Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Council (TXCVDS) Update
Discussion and possible action on the following points:
- DSHS update re Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Section 157.133
- Review of Center for Healthcare Quality Improvement (CIHQ) Standards for Investigating Level I Comprehensive Stroke Treatment Centers
- Transport Bypass Protocol Working Group Update
- Pediatric transport protocol
- Recommendation / certification of the criteria for the establishment of pediatric stroke
- Hospital / EMS management recommendations
- Data working group update
- National EMS Information System (NEMSIS) data points
- Data requests, hospital performance measurements
- Inquiry request
- Stroke Education Program Working Group Update
- Continuing education in pediatric stroke
- Continuous training of first responders
- EMS training requirements and recommendations
- Face-Arms-Speech-Time “FAST” Program
- Stroke prevention and community education
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Health Care System and
determine if any additions, deletions or corrections are in order
- Potential initiatives, programs and research that could improve stroke care in Texas
General public comment
(Commentary time may be limited at the discretion of the chair)
Summary of actions for the GETAC meeting report
Review and list the agenda items for the next meeting
Public comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes comments from the public regarding topics related to emergency health care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comments to DSHS by emailing [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. August 31, 2021. Please include your name and that of the organization. you represent or speak as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Board.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please check the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comments will be emailed to you along with meeting attendance information. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 PM August 31, 2021. Members of the public can also use the Live Events Q&A section of Microsoft Teams to submit a request for public comment. The application must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or speak of as a private citizen, and your direct telephone number.
Public comments are limited to three minutes. Speakers should indicate their name, affiliation and on whose behalf they are speaking. Members of the public using documents are requested to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format which will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, government staff and for public distribution. Documents are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, single side) of documentation. Documents should be emailed to DSHS immediately after registration and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of the DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content or meeting arrangements should be directed to Robert Friedrich, Department of State Health Services, 512-484-8113, or [email protected] .gov.
Persons with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require aids or ancillary services should contact Robert Friedrich at 512-484-8113 or [email protected] at least 72 hours before the meeting so that arrangements can be made. appropriate measures can be taken.