Download Link and Changelog: Windows 10 Update KB5020030
Microsoft has now released a new optional Windows 10 update KB5020030 (Builds 19042.2311, 19043.2311, 19044.2311, and 19045.2311) for Windows 10 versions 22H2, 21H2, 21H1, 20H2 fixed.
When the taskbar is at the top of your screen or when you enable small taskbar button mode, the search box appears on the taskbar by default, after installing update KB5020030. Here is the complete changelog of KB5020030 update in terms of new features, fixes and improvements.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this knowledge base:
- New! It provides Quick Assist app for your client device.
- New! The search box now appears, by default, in the taskbar when the taskbar is at the top of your screen or when you enable small taskbar button mode. You can use the search box to discover information and search your PC and the web right from your taskbar. To configure the search display, right-click on the taskbar of your primary monitor and hover over Look for. For more information, see Learn more about research.
- It fixes an issue that affects some company-managed devices. We are improving the reliability of app installs for them.
- It fixes an issue that affects cluster name objects (CNO) or virtual machine objects (VCO). Password reset fails. The error message is: “An error occurred while resetting the AD password… // 0x80070005”.
- It resolves some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- It fixes an issue that affects daylight saving time (DST) in the Republic of Fiji. It cancels daylight saving time for 2022.
- It fixes an issue that affects Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). This causes D3D9 to stop working when using Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- It fixes an issue that affects some printers. Printouts are misaligned.
- It addresses an issue that may affect applications that run on Windows Lockdown Policy (WLDP). They might stop working.
- It fixes an issue that affects Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Automated survey blocks live response surveys.
If you have installed previous updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can manually download and install Windows 10 KB5020030 update by clicking here. If you need help understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our noob-friendly step-by-step Tutorial.