Caliber 6.1.0 – Neowin
Caliber is an open-source e-book library management application that lets you manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, sync with popular e-book reading devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-book library and also allows format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader synchronization features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Caliber features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); synchronization with e-book reading devices; grab news from the web and convert it into an e-book; display many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection on the Internet using a simple browser.
New features in Caliber 6.1.0:
Full text search: Added a button to reindex a book, useful if the book content has been modified outside of caliber
Search queries now support quoting using “docstrings” for easier escaping
Linux Installer: Look for libEGL as QtGui module in Qt 6 and many Linux servers don’t have it installed.
- macOS: Blacklist older versions of the DeDRM plugin because they caused crashes and failed book additions.
- Fixed a regression in version 6.0 that caused crashes in the Manage Authors dialog
- Fixed a regression in version 6.0 that broke touchscreen interaction
- Fixed a regression in version 6.0 that caused some checkboxes to not work
- Linux: Fixed a regression in version 6.0 that broke handling of mouse clicks on some Wayland systems with a touchpad
- TOC editor: fixed regression in 6.0 that broke styling/images in preview panel
- Windows: fixed non-dark window titlebars in dark mode
- Full-text search: displays a warning when indexing/searching a library on a FAT drive
- Downloading News: Do not add titles of abandoned/failed articles to comments metadata
- Full-text search: fix books edited with the Edit Book tool not being automatically reindexed
- HTML input: Fixed handling of deeply nested files on Windows
- Fixed a regression preventing using a non-integer value for the setting to change the font size of book details
- Fixed moving the library not moving the full-text search index
- Fixed some custom icons in caliber config directory not overriding theme/built-in icons
- Linux installer: fix glibc version check also done when installing older versions
- Windows installer: Refuse to install on Windows 8 because thanks to Qt 6 caliber 6 does not work on Windows 8
- Update BigBookSearch metadata plugin for website changes
Improved sources of information
Download: Caliber 6.1.0 | Notebook | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Caliber 6.1.0 for MacOS | 274.0 MB
Download: Caliber 6.1.0 for Linux
View: Caliber Homepage | Caliber screenshot
Get notified of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article